Last updated September 27, 2021
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On our App, through information you provide when signing up for the App or through your use of the App and its features;
- In general communication via email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this App or our contact email; and
- When you download our App, which may provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this App.
This Policy does not apply to information collected by:
Back to top
- Use offline or through any other means, including on any other website or App operated by us; or
- Any third party, including through any application, content, or advertising that may link to or be accessible from the App via another user’s postings or other hyperlinked content.
Information We Collect
We collect several types of information from and about users of our App, including information contained in the profile you create to register on our App, such as:
- Personal Information. Your name, username, email and password, profile picture, social media login (optional), phone number (optional), city you're based in (optional), biography about yourself (optional) gender (optional), and age (optional, but you must be age 13 or older to use this App), travel interests (optional), Facebook user profile information (optional), Facebook friends list (optional), Address book contact information including name and phone numbers (optional).
- Usage and Device Information. Your internet or data connection (to include IP address and possibly WiFi data), the equipment you use to access our App, and usage details such as access dates and times; or
- Location Information. Your location, taken from some or all of the following geolocation methods: GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth and/or cellular technology in your device. With your consent, we collect location information from photographs in your Travel History and your background GPS location
We collect this information:
Back to top
- Directly from you when you create or update your AmiGo profile;
- Indirectly from you, from using geolocation to track your location or updates you send to your AmiGo account such as photographs and travel history; andfrom you when you create or update your AmiGo profile;
- Automatically from your device as you navigate through the App or through geolocation as you travel. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, GPS, WiFi and Bluetooth information, and information collected through cookies and web beacons.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect through our App when you create your AmiGo profile may include:
Back to top
- Account Information that you provide by completing forms on our App, including information you provided at the time of registering to use our App, subscribing to our service, and information and data you post. It may also include your age (an optional field), and gender (an optional field), and information you provide when you report a problem with our App.
- User support correspondence when you contact us, including email addresses, and records of your correspondence. We also may create event logs to diagnose product or app related issues, and capture information relating to any support or service issues.
- Information published, posted or displayed on public areas of the App or transmitted to other users of the App or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk.
- Your Instagram handle, by your choosing to log into your Instagram account during registration, you will be allowing your Instagram Handle to be displayed on your profile.
- Your Instagram feed, when you use the option to log into Instagram to access and import select Instagram photos from your Instagram feed. Although we limit access to certain pages, and you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the App with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
- Your photos, camera access and related information. Our App will request your consent to access your photos and multimedia files on your device and your device’s camera, with use of associated personal information.
- Third party service. If you link, connect, or login to your Account with a third-party service (for example: Google), the third-party service may send us information such as your registration and profile information. This information varies and is controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings in that service.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our App, we may use automatic data collection technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
Back to top
- Geolocation data. Details of your visits to our App, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the App. We will request your permission to use geolocation services to see the locations of your photos and multimedia files.
- Device and internet connection information, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Behavioral tracking of your activities on the App and interaction with other third-party applications (e.g. Instagram) over time.
- Combined information. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we also may combine information collected automatically to personal information about you that you provide to us or we collect from your device and internet connection.
Information Use and Disclosure
Other than as listed below, we will not collect additional categories of personal information, use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes, or share your personal information with any other third party without providing you notice.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, directly, indirectly, or automatically, including any personal information to:
- Create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- Fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information:
- Detect where and when you are going on a trip and, to the extent you consent, offer to help track those trips.
- Inform the App of your language configuration, the home country of your device, and who you are as a traveler.
- Your photos and multimedia files (with geolocation data) on your device allow you to see which cities and places you have visited, and to easily choose which photos you would like to add to your “My Places” catalog of your favorite places.
- Access to the device camera will allow you to take photos in real-time and upload them to your “My Places” catalog.
- Access to your Instagram feed will allow you to upload photos you have posted on Instagram to your “My Places” catalog.
- Use, store, and process information that we collect automatically to (1) provide, understand, improve and develop our App; (2) create and maintain a trusted and safer environment, and (3) deliver a better and more personalized service, enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns; customize our App according to your individual interests; accelerate your searches; and recognize you when you return to our App.
- Provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- Personalize your App experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- Maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our App, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- Test, research, analyze and develop our App, products, and services.
- Respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- Provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices, if applicable.
- Notify you about changes to our App or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features on our App.
- Detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, and other harmful activity.
- Achieve any other purpose you authorize at the time of collection.
- Contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see Your Choices About How We Use and Share Your Information.
Back to top
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our App users is among the assets transferred.
Your Choices About How We Use and Share Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your information:
- Whether Information Is Required or Optional. Your email and a password or your social media login, username, your name, hometown, and the city you live in are required to enable us to provide our services to you. All other personal information is optional.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by us to promote our products or services, you can opt-out at any time by logging into the App and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes, or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
- How Long Your Personal Information Will Be Kept. We will retain the following data for as long as you are a customer of AmiGo and then for six months after you leave AmiGo: email and password OR social media log in; username; name; hometown; the city you currently live in.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.Back to top
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.Back to top
Your California Privacy Rights
California residents may have the following additional personal information rights and choices under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA).
Information We Have Collected from You or Your Device
Our App has collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
- Unique identifiers and personal information categories under the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)), such as a real name, alias (user name), unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol (IP) address, email address, account name, homer address (limited to city and country), and age.
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law such as sex, including gender, gender identity, and gender expression from optional fields.
- Internet or other similar network activity, including information on your interaction with our App.
- Geolocation data such as physical location or movements according to our App’s functionality.
Our App has not collected any of the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
- Commercial information such as shopping and browsing habits.
- Biometric data.
- Professional or employment data.
- Non-public education information under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. § 1232g; 34 C.F.R. § 99).
- Inferences drawn from other personal information.
Certain other categories of personal information are excluded under the CCPA, including:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- Personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
California law permits users and customers who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their Personal Information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of Personal Data disclosed to those third parties. See the How To Contact Us section below for where to send such requests.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights
- AmiGo does not sell its users’ information to third parties.
- If you are 16 years of age or older, you have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the “right to opt-out”). We do not sell the personal information of consumers we actually know are less than 16 years of age, unless we receive affirmative authorization (the “right to opt-in”) from either the consumer who is between 13 and 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a consumer less than 13 years of age. Consumers who opt-in to personal information sales may exercise their right to opt-out at any time.
- To exercise your right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to us by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Once you make an opt-out request, we will wait at least twelve (12) months before asking you to reauthorize personal information sales. However, you may change your mind and opt-in to personal information sales at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your opt-out rights. We will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that may result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time. We currently do not provide any financial incentives.Back to top
Your European Union Privacy Rights
In the use of our services, we mainly act as data processor and, in some cases, we may act as data controller when we determine the purposes and means of the processing of personal information. European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA) residents may exercise any of the rights described in this section by using the applicable functionality in our App or by contacting us directly. If you reside outside of the EU or EEA, you may have similar rights under your local laws. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before taking action on your request.
Purposes and Legal Basis for Collecting and Using Your Personal Information
The purposes for processing personal information are described in detail in Information Use and Disclosure. In the use of our App, when we act as data controller, the legal basis is as follows:
- Consent: Giving us your information is voluntary, but we rely on the information you provide to give you the best user experience possible with our App.
- Legitimate Interests: We use your information to understand where you are from so that we can detect when you are going on a trip and offer to help you track your trips, or to help you easily access recommendations from your social network.
Consequences of Our Use of Your Personal Information
Our App uses your personal information to provide you with a personalized experience. There is no detrimental effect on any of your personal information, such as having third parties obtain your information for marketing, or your location being shown to others without your consent.
Transfer of Your Information Out of the EEA
- We use Amazon Web Services (AWS) for data storage and may transfer your personal information to AWS’s servers, some of which are located outside the EEA.
- AWS has multiple regions within the EU in order to serve our European customers, as we are based in the United States. AWS is GDPR compliant, for more information, see AWS GDPR Compliance.
- The United States does not have the same data protection laws as the United Kingdom and EEA. While the European Commission has not given a formal decision that the United States provides an adequate level of data protection similar to those which apply in the United Kingdom and EEA, any transfer of your personal information will be subject to suitable safeguards (as permitted under Article 46 GDPR, transfers subject to appropriate safeguards) of the GDPR that are designed to help safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a misuse of your personal information. To obtain a copy of the such safeguards, see AWS Global Compliance.
- If you would like further information, please contact us at 917-540-5027 or email@example.com. We will not otherwise transfer your personal data outside of the United Kingdom or EEA or to any organization (or subordinate bodies) governed by public international law or which is set up under any agreement between two or more countries.
Your Rights Under the GDPR
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- Access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold.
- Require us to erase personal information concerning you in certain situations.
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you.
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information.
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Seek compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please:
- Contact us in any of the ways listed below under How to Contact Us.
- Provide enough information to identify you such as your user name and other information given when you joined AmiGo.
- Provide proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driver’s license or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill) to prevent someone else from shutting down your account.
- Let us know your request or any specific issues or concerns.
- If you would like to unsubscribe from any features of this App, you can also click on the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the App. It may take up to 30 days for this to take place.
Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
- We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
- We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulating authority of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
- If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
How to Complain
The GDPR also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the EU (or EEA) state where you work, normally live, or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the country in which you live is the Supervising Authority for data issues in your area who may be contacted at their website or local phone number.Back to top
We have implemented certain measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers at Amazon Web Services behind firewalls using SSL technology. The safety and security of your information also depends on you because you are responsible for keeping your passwords confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the App-like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the App. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the App.Back to top
Children Under the Age of 13
Our App is designed for use by persons age 13 years and older. No one under age 13 should provide any personal information to, or otherwise post on the App. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 13. If you are under age 13, do not use or provide any information on this App or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from anyone under age 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a person under age 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 917-540-5027. California residents under age 16 years may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.Back to top
We will post any changes to this Policy on our App home page, with a notice that the Policy has been updated on the Company website, via email to users, and/or via pop-up notification on the App. The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our App and this Policy to check for any changes. Your continued use of our App following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.Back to top
To support the delivery of AmiGo services, we rely on several third parties. AmiGo makes an effort to anonymize user data where possible.
Back to top
- Amazon Web Services, Inc.
- Foursquare Labs, Inc.
- Google LLC